Haramai - Day Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Ruatoria, New Zealand, Gis
- Product code: HDT
*** If you want to join a tour within the next 3 days (72 hours), please contact us directly via
firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 22 383 5381
Meet your Ngati Porou kaitiaki (guide) at an agreed time at the base of Maunga Hikurangi. You will then be transported by 4WD up to the
sacred site of Te Takapau a Maui.
During the ascent and at the site, authentic stories providing insight into the local region are
shared, along with korero (talk) about each of the nine large pou (Maori
carvings) which depict the stories of Maui. A highly revered ancestor of the
Ngati Porou people and a huge part of Ngati Porou history.
- Minimum 2 ppl required for a tour to proceed (a single booking may be combined with another tour please contact us for available date options)
- Maximum 5 ppl required (maximum number of seats) - if your group is larger please email email@example.com with your group number
- A light snack is also provided
This tour is dependent predominantly on weather conditions. Before
booking this tour please ensure that the weather conditions are suitable for the
date you wish to book the tour. Below is a link to a website that offers a 10
day weather forecast for the Ruatoria region. Please use this website to
determine the best day to do a tour.
If you are booking long-term, a notification email will be sent to you 10 days before your tour
asking that you check the weather forecast to check conditions for your tour.
If weather is not suitable consider rescheduling to another date.